Daily Quote

"In the state of passion without a cause, there is intensity free of all attachment; but when passion has a cause, there is attachment, and attachment is the beginning of sorrow. Most of us are attached; we cling to a person, to a country, to a belief, to an idea, and when the object of our attachment is taken away or otherwise loses its significance, we find ourselves empty, insufficient. This emptiness we try to fill by clinging to something else, which again becomes the object of our passion."

"Intensity Free of All Attachment" - The Book of Life J. Krishnamurti.

"Atenção em vez de eficiencia, fluxo suave em vez de velocidade"

Será um cota de todos os dias???? :unsure::lol:

Mas gostei mto do cota diário :lol: Zee ;) :kisssss:

Se queres que a Vida te Sorria, que tal começares por sorrir...?!?

Daily é o leite do dia. Aquele com nata, tás a bere?

Zee, excelente pensamento. Andamos todos agarrados.

Mas praí o homemzinho que escreveu isso não tivesse uma gaja boa! Por isso é que fala do desprendimento...

Faz-me lembrar o SAPO.

:lol:

Um dia ia eu na floresta, e apareces tu! Resolvi dar-te uma prenda...

E que rica prenda!

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.

Now the world is weird and people take prozac to make it normal.

Vamos todos tomar o ácido às 23:59 e não se esqueçam dos toalhetes húmidos para limpar as mãos depois dos camarões.

Ignorando activamente: 9 users!

a minha quote do dia ... vem directamente da porta do quarto do meu "flatmate"

"since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating; and since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music, and should be perceived as such"

i%20dont%20give%20a%20fuck-200x200.jpg

Daily é o leite do dia. Aquele com nata, tás a bere?

Zee, excelente pensamento. Andamos todos agarrados.

Mas praí o homemzinho que escreveu isso não tivesse uma gaja boa! Por isso é que fala do desprendimento...

Faz-me lembrar o SAPO.

:lol:

É essa questão meu amigo, o amor não é apego e nós apegamo-nos ao amor.

Abraço boa gente. ;)

“Do que você precisa, acima de tudo, é de se não lembrar do que eu lhe disse; nunca pense por mim, pense sempre por você; fique certo de que mais valem todos os erros se forem cometidos segundo o que pensou e decidiu do que todos os acertos, se eles foram meus, não são seus. Se o criador o tivesse querido juntar muito a mim não teríamos talvez dois corpos distintos ou duas cabeças também distintas. Os meus conselhos devem servir para que você se lhes oponha. É possível que depois da oposição, venha a pensar o mesmo que eu; mas, nessa altura. já o pensamento lhe pertence. São meus discípulos, se a1guns tenho, os que estão contra mim; porque esses guardaram no fundo da alma a força que verdadeiramente me anima e que mais desejaria transmitir-lhes: a de se não conformarem”

Agostinho da Silva, "Cartas a um jovem filósofo"

• 3 weeks later...

Daily Quote

April 7th 2006

"Have you ever tried dying to a pleasure voluntarily, not forcibly? Ordinarily when you die you don't want to; death comes and takes you away; it is not a voluntary act, except in suicide. But have you ever tried dying voluntarily, easily, felt that sense of the abandonment of pleasure? Obviously not! At present your ideals, your pleasures, your ambitions are the things which give so-called significance to them. Life is living, abundance, fullness, abandonment, not a sense of the “I” having significance. That is mere intellection. If you experiment with dying to little things—that is good enough. Just to die to little pleasures—with ease, with comfort, with a smile—is enough, for then you will see that your mind is capable of dying to many things, dying to all memories. Machines are taking over the functions of memory—the computers—but the human mind is something more than a merely mechanical habit of association and memory. But it cannot be that something else if it does not die to everything it knows.

Now to see the truth of all this, a young mind is essential, a mind that is not merely functioning in the field of time. The young mind dies to everything. Can you see the truth of that immediately, feel the truth of it instantly? You may not see the whole extraordinary significance of it, the immense subtlety, the beauty of that dying, the richness of it, but even to listen to it sows the seed, and the significance of these words takes root—not only at the superficial, conscious level, but right through all the unconscious."

"Dying to Little Things" - The Book of Life

April 7

• 3 weeks later...

Daily Quote

April 28th 2006 [archive]

"A passionate mind is groping, seeking, breaking through, not accepting any tradition; it is not a decided mind, not a mind that has arrived, but it is a young mind that is ever arriving.

Now, how is such a mind to come into being? It must happen. Obviously, a petty mind cannot work at it. A petty mind trying to become passionate will merely reduce everything to its own pettiness. It must happen, and it can only happen when the mind sees its own pettiness and yet does not try to do anything about it. Am I making myself clear? Probably not. But as I said earlier, any restricted mind, however eager it is, will still be petty, and surely that is obvious. A small mind, though it can go to the moon, though it can acquire a technique, though it can cleverly argue and defend, is still a small mind. So when the small mind says, "I must be passionate in order to do something worthwhile," obviously its passion will be very petty, will it not?—like getting angry about some petty injustice or thinking that the whole world is changing because of some petty, little reform done in a potty, little village by a potty, little mind. If the little mind sees all that, then the very perception that it is small is enough, then its whole activity, undergoes a change."

"Petty Mind" - The Book of Life (April 28)

May 2nd 2006 [archive]

"How do emotions come into being? Very simple. They come into being through stimuli, through the nerves. You put a pin into me, I jump; you flatter me and I am delighted; you insult me and I don't like it. Through our senses emotions come into being. And most of us function through our emotion of pleasure; obviously, sir. You like to be recognized as a Hindu. Then you belong to a group, to a community, to a tradition, however old; and you like that, with the Gita, the Upanishads and the old traditions mountain high. And the Muslim likes his and so on. Our emotions have come into being through stimuli, through environment, and so on. It is fairly obvious.

What role has emotion in life? Is emotion life? You understand? Is pleasure love? Is desire love? If emotion is love, there is something that changes all the time. Right? Don't you know all that?

...So one has to realize that emotions, sentiment, enthusiasm, the feeling of being good, and all that, have nothing whatsoever to do with real affection, compassion. All sentiment, emotions have to do with thought and therefore lead to pleasure and pain. Love has no pain, no sorrow, because it is not the outcome of pleasure or desire."

"What Role Has Emotion in Life?" - The Book of Life (May 2)

Zé...muito obrigado por estes textos lindos com que nos tens presenteado :wub: :kisssss:

Se queres que a Vida te Sorria, que tal começares por sorrir...?!?

"It is, I think, that we are all so alone in what lies deepest in our souls, so unable to find the words, and perhaps the courage to speak with unlocked hearts, that we don't know at all that it is the same with others."

DJ Ganeisha

• 4 weeks later...

Vamos é à vida que a morte é certa! :lol:

» Hi5 «

O amor está no ar e a poluição a destruí-lo...

-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

Todas as ideias, frases e palavras por mim expressas e/ou escritas, representam única e exclusivamente a minha opinião, posição ou ponto de vista do tópico, assunto ou ideia em discussão.

"o beijo é uma cultura por isso conhecemos varias linguas"

:gap:

» Hi5 «

O amor está no ar e a poluição a destruí-lo...

-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

Todas as ideias, frases e palavras por mim expressas e/ou escritas, representam única e exclusivamente a minha opinião, posição ou ponto de vista do tópico, assunto ou ideia em discussão.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,

that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary Stevenson, 1936

"acho bem, acho!"

• 2 months later...
“Do que você precisa, acima de tudo, é de se não lembrar do que eu lhe disse; nunca pense por mim, pense sempre por você; fique certo de que mais valem todos os erros se forem cometidos segundo o que pensou e decidiu do que todos os acertos, se eles foram meus, não são seus. Se o criador o tivesse querido juntar muito a mim não teríamos talvez dois corpos distintos ou duas cabeças também distintas. Os meus conselhos devem servir para que você se lhes oponha. É possível que depois da oposição, venha a pensar o mesmo que eu; mas, nessa altura. já o pensamento lhe pertence. São meus discípulos, se a1guns tenho, os que estão contra mim; porque esses guardaram no fundo da alma a força que verdadeiramente me anima e que mais desejaria transmitir-lhes: a de se não conformarem”

Agostinho da Silva, "Cartas a um jovem filósofo"

o meu avô dizia mais ou menos a mesma coisa.

tenho saudades dele :toosad:

quem inventou a distância não sabia o que era a saudade

• 2 weeks later...
Chocolate não engorda,

quem engorda és tu!

só tens uma solução <_< fecha a boca :nhak: :><P: :><P:

Tacere nescit idem qui nescit loqui

drag

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Os Círculos da Vida

A nossa vida, por muito que nos custe, é um elo na cadeia da vida de cada outro ser humano. Tudo o que faço, ou não, tem influência, para o bem ou para o mal, na vida do outro.

Nós temos o dever humano, o dever moral de construirmos humanidade, não de destruirmos. Não nos podemos desresponsabilizar da nossa vocação de construtores de humanidade. Quando não optamos com responsabilidade dessa nobre tarefa, abdicamos daquilo que nos faz ser mais ser e, por isso, abdicamos de nós próprios.

O mal e o bem espalham-se, disseminam-se naturalmente, umas vezes com ruído, outras silenciosamente. Tudo depende do estado de espírito, das situações vividas, dos passos dados, das (in)sensibilidades geradas. A colisão entre opostos é forçosamente aparatosa, causa surpresa e dor. A confluência de realidades adjacentes é, quase sempre, discreta, recatada, ainda que corrosiva.

Cada atitude minha, palavra, acção, ou omissão, tem efeitos positivos ou desastrosos no nosso mundo humano… e, cada minha atitude, palavra, acção, ou omissão regressa a mim, mais tarde ou mais cedo… mas regressa!!!

Avaliemos a nossa vida e perguntemo-nos: quem sou? onde estou? para onde vou? que fiz, que faço, que farei?