Klute [uk] @ Portorio - 20 Jan.

Guest bass republic

Guest bass republic

kluteflydl8.jpg

"If you gaze into the heart of drum & bass and then look slightly to the left, you’ll find a slightly scruffy man, staring lovingly back towards the centre. That man is undoubtedly Tom Withers, best known as drum & bass artist Klute. "

depois de um fim de ano memorável, a bass republic volta a carga no sábado, dia 20 de janeiro, no portorio. o responsável pela celebração será o inglês KLUTE, que volta ao porto para apresentar o seu novo album - ainda sem nome - que tem lançamento previsto para março, pela sua própria label a commercial suicide. a bass republic volta assim a apostar num nome de peso, afastado dos circuitos mais comerciais, com uma visão muito própria do drum'n'bass. a acompanhar o inglês vão estar BASTIAN da bass republic, MAIA da cinética e TRAP do massive de braga. enquanto o upperdeck do portorio servirá como chill out às densidades mais negras e pesados do main floor, ficando a cargo de SPOT e PROF, sendo de esperar muito funk e hip-hop.

KLUTE BIO

klutepic4uf8.jpg

Klute has been a fixture on the Drum and Bass scene for over a decade, lending his creativity to the likes of Metalheadz, 31 Records and his early stable Certificate 18, responsible for releasing his first two albums, Casual Bodies and Fear of People. In 2001 his own Commercial Suicide imprint was borne out of a necessity on Klute’s part to control his own releases as well as provide a support network for the ever increasing new generation of like minded producers. So far the label has seen releases by Klute himself, Calibre, Amit, AI, Tactile, Total Science, Digital, and Austrian prodigy D.Kay. Previous to this much lauded and rebellious electronic career, Klute fronted legendary Skate-Punk outfit, ‘The Stupids’, an apt schooling for a producer with this unique level of eclecticism.

But how did we arrive at this point? In his own words Tom recalls: “after releasing my last album Fear of People on certificate 18 in 2000 I decided to spend the next eighteen months getting back to my roots as a drum and bass artist.” The result of this retrospection was a series of well received singles, “with the dance floor in mind”. The aim (which was comfortably achieved) was “to spread my wings, connect with more people and bring my music to a wider audience.” With this reintroduction a hunger was reborn leading to Klute coupling his early album work with his new found club orientation; “…rather like bringing a book to the people instead of another issue of a magazine.” The twelve track result, Lie, Cheat & Steal effortlessly bridges the oft-ignored gap in Drum and Bass between artistic longevity and dance floor appeal.

Tom’s humble contentment with his latest labour of love and its’ non-Drum and Bass offshoot, You Should Be Ashamed is indicative of their probable success. “As an artist and as a listener I have always been very diverse and those familiar with my output on Certificate 18 will know that there if far more to me than Drum and Bass”. As a melting pot of every electronic and roots based genre, Drum and Bass is often blessed with moments of inspired creation. Klute’s latest Drum and Bass offering is the latest example. Couple this with You Should… and the resulting double album offers both guidance and education to the KLUTE sound and it’s background: “The reason why I went all the way with the electronic album is because my heart lies in Detroit. I’ve always appreciated all kinds of electronic music but for me this revolution began in Detroit and You Should Be Ashamed is my own take on this hugely important part of my life.”

As an ongoing studio experiment, tracks from both albums have crept onto sound systems and into the hands of DJs all over the world in recent months and henceforth proved their dance floor worth and immediacy. This fresh take on dance floor elements has been welcomed across the board by the likes of Goldie, Bailey, Marcus Intalex, Fabio, Trace, Andy C and Ed Rush. Any preconceived ideas of a lack of non D&B maturity in Klute’s other works have been dispelled thanks to DJ support from Andrew Weatherall, the Plump DJ’s, Laurent Garnier and Mr C amongst others.

With the dance floor firmly taken care of the home experience doesn’t fail to satisfy, in fact it captivates, returning the club support favour with a special link rare in modern dance music LPs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

doors open: 01.00

ticket: 10€

www.bassrepublic.org

www.porto-rio.com

www.cowsonpatrol.org

more info to come.

Depois do jantar dos elastikos, vai haver uma festita no porto para ir pa lá continar a bebadeira... :wub:

Kin 128

Estrela Espectral Amarela

Dissolvo com o fim de embelezar

Libertando a arte

Selo o armazém da elegância

Com o tom espectral da liberação

Eu sou guiado pelo meu próprio poder duplicado

'Hoje tenho a faculdade de sentir que a vida está a serviço de minha libertação.'

*** eroCdraHsakoMysP - PsyMokasHardCore ***

Guest bass republic

os vencedores das entradas para o evento foram encontrados, check ur mail.

line up para sábado:

01.30 > 02.45 - BASTIAN

02.45 > 04.00 - MAIA

04.00 > 06.00 - KLUTE

06.00 > ....... - TRAP

:rolleyes: